Monday, January 21, 2013

I thought I would post an image from my past life today! Here is one of the only matte paintings that I worked on for Prometheus that made it to the final film. I was one of the first crew on the project at MPC - and this was one of the first shots to be completed. The matte painting was 8k and based on a concept from MPC's previs department. It took a while to do as a lot of the smaller detail had to be painted by hand. I'm glad it made it to the film though. I left the company a few months before the end of the project - the team did an amazing job and really deserve more credit. I don't think many people know that pretty much the whole planet surface was CG and it was an epic job to get it all done in time.


I'll try and dig some Pirates stuff out at some point too as there is an interesting technical breakdown of one of the shots I did.

No comments: