Wednesday, September 06, 2006


Here's an update of the still life, this was done yesterday after the first layer had dried. Now I have the mid-tones in and defined the edges I’m starting to put in the other tones. I’m trying to keep it as simple as I can for as long as possible.....hopefully it will all come together at the end. I made a couple of small corrections and noticed a couple of big mistakes. For example the pan is too small, but as this is really just a tone exercise I’m going to be lazy and leave them. There is an area to the right of the mango that looks a little blank at the moment, that because the bamboo plant that sits there hasn't been painted, I’m hoping to get it painted in one go along with the highlights at the end. I'm learning loads from doing this, I've gone in too dark with some of the shadows cast on the ground so I have to go in and glaze white over them to get the right effect. This is the opposite of the way I should have done it.....something to remember for the next one. Anyway here it is.

No comments: